The USDA and State of Ohio see farmers' markets as essential - they help feed the community. So, farmers' markets are opening their seasons in one of two formats: a Socially Distanced drive-thru format or a Socially Distanced traditional market format.
While Market Wednesday will eventually go with a socially-distanced traditional format, we begin the season as a socially-distanced Pre-order/Pre-pay Drive-Thru.
▪ The customer contacts the vendor/vendors to place and pay for an order/orders.
▪ The vendor will then fill the order, prepping it for pick-up on Market Wednesday.
▪ The market will be open Wednesdays for special drive-thru hours from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the parking lot behind the city building at 64 E. Walnut.
▪ Vendors will convene in the market space and work from their vehicles (they don't set up a traditional space).
▪ Customers drive-thru the space, pop the trunk, stop at each vendor they ordered from, the vendor places the customer's order in the trunk, the trunk is closed, the customer drives off.
▪ No customer leaves their vehicle.
▪ There are only pre-paid orders, no shopping or sales take place live and on-site.
The Market Wednesday Drive-Thru takes place Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. behind the City building at 64 E. Walnut Street.
Market customers can access the drive-thru by turning off E. Walnut to the drive that heads north alongside the east side of the building and the west side of the hike/bike path. Vendors will be parked in the eastern-most row of parking spaces in the lot, waiting with your order. Customers simply exit the same route they came in or drive west to Library Drive and exit onto E. Walnut.
Visit google maps at https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-82.9292931,18.01z for an interactive map.
Market Wednesday currently has two vendors participating in the pre-order/pre-pay drive-thru, Hinton Apiaries and Sweet Thing Gourmet. (We hope to see Ohio City Pasta eventually join the drive-thru - it depends on product availability.)
To contact Hinton Apiaries to place an order: 614.871.4904
Ordering Details: All orders must be placed and paid-for by 5:00 p.m. Tuesday each week in order to guarantee pick-up at Market Wednesday. (If any order is placed after 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, we cannot guarantee it will be ready for pick-up the following day at the market.)
1. Decide on products you wish to purchase:
Hinton Apiaries Farm Market Product List:
Raspberry / 16 oz. / $10.00
Blackberry / 16 oz. / $10.00
Blueberry / 16 oz. / $10.00
Black Locust / 16 oz. / $10.00
Fall Wildflower / 32 oz. = $17.00 / 16 oz. = $10.00
Summer Wildflower / 32 oz. = $17.00 / 16 oz. = $10.00
Buckwheat / 32 oz. = $17.00 / 16 oz. = $10.00
Star Thistle / 32 oz. = $17.00 / 16 oz. = $10.00
Clover / 32 oz. = $17.00 / 16 oz. = $10.00
Goldenrod / 16 oz. / $10.00
32 oz. size is a glass container; 16 oz. size is available in glass or plastic container. If you have a preference, please specify when you order.
Type: Unscented, Lavender, Rosemary / 4 oz. = $15.00 / 2 oz. = $10.00
Type: Original (plain), Peppermint, Lavender Orange, Vanilla, Strawberry Lemonade, Spiced Chai / $4.00 each
Honey and Beeswax Bar Soap
Type: Honey Oatmeal, Lavender, Bergamot & Sage /$6.00 each
Honey Stick Bundles
These are pure honey - not flavored / 8 count bundle containing 2 of each:
Clover, Wildflower, Blackberry, and Buckwheat / $2.00 each
Bee Pollen / 16 oz. = $18.00 / 8 oz. = $10.00
Type: Ghost Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon, Lavender, Vanilla /16 oz. glass container / $10.00
2. Call Hinton Apiaries to place your order: 614.871.4904
Payment needs to be made when order is placed. There will not be any live sales at the market. Hinton Apiaries accepts major debit or credit card payment through Square or PayPal.
3. On the day of the market, you will drive thru the market space, open your trunk, and we will place the order in your trunk for you. You do not need to leave your vehicle.
To contact Sweet Thing Gourmet:
Sweet Thing Gourmet is taking pre-orders for pick-up this week at Market Wednesday through Wednesday at 1:00 P.M.
You can order online or call Mark and Kyla at 614.252.1830 to place an order. We accept all major debit and credit cards.
Thanks for your support during these tough times. Pre-order pick-up is from 4:00-6:00 P.M at 64 East Walnut street in the parking lot behind the building.
Stay tuned to the Market Wednesday dial for updates.
Thank you for continuing to support local business and Market Wednesday.
UPTOWN WESTERVILLE FARMERS' MARKET
The Market Wednesday
Home-grown. Home-made. All Ohio.